Vancouver, BC, Canada — July 28, 2014CounterPath Corporation (TSX-V: CCV; OTCBB: CPAH), an award-winning provider of desktop and mobile VoIP software solutions, today announced the worldwide availability of X-Lite 4.0, an entry-level voice and video softphone for Mac and Windows PCs. One of the world’s most widely used multimedia softphones, X-Lite gives enterprises, government agencies and other professional users an opportunity to trial how a softphone can be a fast, cost-effective way to begin deploying VoIP across their existing laptops and desktops to reduce their communications costs and improve productivity.
Available as a free download, X-Lite 4.0 is based on a year’s worth of beta user feedback. It takes many of the popular features from X-Lite 3.0 and adds a completely new user interface that provides the choice of a contact-centric experience, a dialpad-centric experience or a combination of the two.
X-Lite 4.0’s other major features include:
- Video and voice calling
- Call history, call display and message waiting indicator
- Call-management tools such as redial, hold, mute and speakerphone
- Managed contacts lists
- IM and presence using the SIMPLE protocol
- Automatic detection and configuration of audio devices
- Acoustic echo cancellation, automatic gain control and voice-activity detection
- A troubleshooting assistant to help users quickly resolve a variety of issues
- Auto-complete list when placing calls
- Support for a wide range of audio codecs to ensure the highest possible call quality
- 100 percent compliance with RFC 3261, the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) spec that lets endpoints negotiate the types of multimedia services to support during a call
- STUN and ICE NAT traversal to balance ease of use with network security
- Support for dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) signaling, RFC 2833, inband DTMF and SIP INFO messages, all to ensure full compatibility with both VoIP and legacy analog phone systems.
- Human Interface Device (HID) support
“As one of the most robust and feature-rich free softphones available today, X-Lite 4.0 is an ideal way for enterprises, government agencies and other professional users to start exploring the bottom-line benefits of video, VoIP and presence-based communications,” said Robert Brown, Vice President of Marketing, CounterPath. “At a time when businesses large and small are more focused than ever on reducing costs, improving productivity and leveraging their existing PCs, X-Lite 4.0 gives customers a preview of how a cost-effective, easy-to-deploy and low-support softphone application can meet all of those needs immediately. X-Lite 4.0 is designed to be a steppingstone to Bria 3, CounterPath’s flagship softphone product. Bria 3 provides a variety of additional, enterprise-grade features such as enhanced security, SMS support, multi-party conferencing and customizability.”
X-Lite 4.0 is available today and can be downloaded for free from mrkt-stg.counterpath.com. To experience the full power of CounterPath’s SIP softphone solutions – including individual brand customization, security and encryption such as TLS and SRTP, and performance monitoring – please contact a CounterPath Account Executive at 1-877-818-3777 or visit our online store to purchase one of our retail branded products.
CounterPath Corporation is an award-winning provider of innovative desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions. The company’s product suite includes SIP-based softphones, server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to cost-effectively integrate voice, video, presence and Instant Messaging (IM) applications into their VoIP offerings and extend functionality across both fixed and mobile networks.
CounterPath’s customers include some of the world’s largest telecommunications service providers and network equipment providers including AT&T, Verizon, BT (British Telecommunications PLC), Deutsche Telekom, Cisco Systems, and Mitel.
For more information please visit mrkt-stg.counterpath.com.
Disclaimer: Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
CounterPath Media and Analyst Relations