CounterPath Officially Releases Bria Android Edition Mobile VoIP Softphone
Vancouver, BC, Canada — November 10, 2010 —
CounterPath Corporation (TSX-V: CCV; OTCBB: CPAH), an award-winning
provider of desktop and mobile VoIP software solutions, is pleased to announce the official launch of Bria Android Edition.
An enterprise-grade VoIP application, Bria Android Edition is a highly secure, standards-based softphone that works over both 3G and Wi-Fi networks. Highlights of Bria Android Edition's features include:
- Support on any SIP-compliant server to enable rapid implementation
- Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
- Audio codecs G.711a/u, iLBC and GSM
- Option to purchase with or without G.729 codec
- Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
- Deskphone-class options such as rejecting, holding, forwarding, merging and splitting calls, as well as attended and unattended transfers
- A detailed call history pane that displays dialed, answered and missed calls, along with ability to delete entries
- Advanced security settings, including audio encryption
- NAT traversal to balance security and ease-of-use
- The ability to work with the native dialer
- Integration of user contacts stored on the device
- Optional customized branding for graphic assets and SIP settings available for enterprises and telephony providers.
Bria Android Edition is available for $7.99 USD from the Android Market or CounterPath's online store at https://secure.counterpath.com/Store/counterpath
. Customers have the ability to upgrade the client to include G.729 support for an additional $8.99 USD.
### About CounterPath
CounterPath Corporation is an award-winning provider of innovative desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions. The company's product suite includes SIP-based softphones, server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to cost-effectively integrate voice, video, presence and Instant Messaging (IM) applications into their VoIP offerings and extend functionality across both fixed and mobile networks.
CounterPath's customers include some of the world's largest telecommunications service providers and network equipment providers including AT&T, Verizon, BT (British Telecommunications PLC), Avaya, Cisco Systems, and Mitel.
For more information about CounterPath visit www.counterpath.com
. Disclaimer: Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. Contact
CounterPath Media and Analyst Relations