Vancouver, BC, Canada — July 28, 2014CounterPath Corporation (OTCBB: CPAH; TSX-V: CCV), a leading provider of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions, today announced the general availability of Quick Conference (QC), a SIP-based audio conferencing solution that allows businesses to manage their own in-house conferencing services while simplifying the end-user experience.
With QC any employee can set up an audio conference, whether they are on-site or working remotely, by dialing an extension off the enterprise PBX and then selecting an ad-hoc, four-digit bridge number of their choice. Employees can also have a four-digit bridge number permanently reserved for their use only. The conferencing solution removes the complexity and usage limitations associated with traditional hosted conferencing services, allowing any employee to set up a conference bridge in seconds.
While QC simplifies audio conferencing, it also provides a variety of features designed around the needs of business users, including:
- Web-based Management: For users who want to manage their conference call visually, QC provides a Web-based interface that allows users to see who is in the conference, mute participants, dial-out while in the conference to invite new attendees, and record the call in high definition audio – all through simple point-and-click commands.
- Integration with Bria: QC integrates with CounterPath’s flagship softphone – Bria. When Bria users create a conference bridge, their Bria softphone automatically provides them with a conferencing panel that allows them to visually manage the conference with the same options as they would have if they were using the Web management interface.
- Remote Management: Employees can use their smartphone or PDA to control the conference through the device browser. This provides mobility workers with the same administrative functions as they would have from their desktop. The mobile device can also be used during in-person group meetings where the user may not have access to their Bria softphone or QC’s Web management interface.
- Open to All: Unlike traditional conferencing models where only selected employees have access to conferencing services, QC deploys conferencing as a shared application on the network, available to all users, at all times.
- Calendar Integration: QC’s Web management interface provides users with a meeting invite template. Users simply populate the template fields and QC exports an .ics file that can be sent to Microsoft Outlook and IBM Lotus Notes users for one-click integration with their calendars
“In a global economy powered by knowledge workers and distributed workforces, audio conferencing has become a mission-critical service within the enterprise,” said Rob Brown, Vice President of Customer Marketing, CounterPath. “Quick Conference allows businesses to give every employee access to enterprise-class conferencing services while actually reducing operating expenses by running those services off their PBX. In combination with QC’s four-digit simplicity, our conferencing solution increases employee productivity, workplace satisfaction and levels of customer service, creating a winning proposition for both SMB and enterprise customers.”
Quick Conference can be integrated with any PBX through SIP trunking or a SIP/TDM gateway and offers a range of security features to ensure the privacy and integrity of a conference call. QC can also be deployed as a managed hosted service, residing both inside and outside the enterprise network. The solution is available through CounterPath and select OEM partners.
Custom applications and plug-ins can be integrated with QC through the solution’s Web Services architecture, designed to enable customer-driven extensibility. The solution also has flexible white-label options that allow customers to brand the offering with their own design preferences.
QC is available in eight languages: English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese and Arabic.
To view a picture of the QC Web management interface please click here.
To view a picture of QC integration with Bria please click here.
CounterPath Corporation is a leading provider of innovative desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions. The Company’s product suite includes SIP-based softphones, server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to cost-effectively integrate voice, video, presence and Instant Messaging (IM) applications into their VoIP offerings and extend functionality across both fixed and mobile networks.
CounterPath’s customers include some of the world’s largest telecommunications service providers and network equipment providers including AT&T, Verizon, BT (British Telecommunications PLC), Deutsche Telekom, Cisco Systems, Mitel and Nortel.
Disclaimer: The TSX Venture Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For more information please contact:
Gina DeBoutez The Blueshirt Group +1.415.489.2184 [email protected]