CounterPath Announces Bria for Genesys
Major Airline and Entertainment Company Among Initial Users of the Bria Voice and Video Softphone with Genesys' Contact Center Solution
Vancouver, BC, Canada — July 13, 2010 —
(TSX-V: CCV; OTCBB: CPAH), an award-winning
provider of desktop and mobile VoIP software solutions, today announced that the latest release of its Bria multimedia softphone is now available for integration with Genesys contact center desktop applications. An Alcatel-Lucent company (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU), Genesys has certified Bria for use with the Genesys 8 SIP Server, providing Genesys customers with a fast, cost-effective way to deploy VoIP and video calling services within their contact centers and to home-based agents.
To simplify Bria's integration with Genesys contact center desktop applications, customer options include the following:
- The Genesys 8 SIP Endpoint SDK, based on CounterPath’s SDK technology, for members of the Genesys developer community members to build and integrate SIP endpoint connections for their custom desktop applications
- CounterPath's Bria 3.0 multimedia softphone certified for use with the Genesys 8 SIP Server as a stand-alone softphone
- Genesys offering an integrated SIP Endpoint and SIP Endpoint Module, based on CounterPath technology, for a future release of its next generation desktop; Genesys 8 Interaction Workspace
Genesys 8 provides visibility into customer data and standard response information so contact and call center agents can quickly and effectively handle calls. With the addition of CounterPath's Bria multimedia softphone, Genesys customers now have access to a highly secure, standards-based softphone that enables voice and high-definition (1280x720p) video calls between agents and supervisors.
Bria supports a variety of operating systems, including desktops and laptops running Linux, Mac and Windows, and operates on any wired or wireless IP network, including 3G/4G and Wi-Fi. This flexible design enables contact center operators to significantly reduce the cost of providing unified communications (UC) solutions to agents and employees, all without the need to install dedicated telephony hardware on each desk.
The integration of Bria also provides Genesys customers with:
- Seamless, Genesys-certified integration, enabling fast, cost-effective implementation in variety of contact center environments
- An intuitive interface that makes it easy for call center agents to perform common tasks such as placing and receiving VoIP and video calls, identifying at a glance which contacts are available and sending instant messages
- Support for third-party application control, which enables the contact center applications to manage the calling experience more efficiently
- A wide variety of configuration options to meet each contact center’s unique requirements
"Genesys' certification of Bria is the latest example of CounterPath's momentum in the contact and call center markets, which represents a major opportunity for our company," said Robert Brown VP Marketing for CounterPath. "Bria gives Genesys customers a flexible, sophisticated and unified VoIP and video solution that is easy to implement and easy to use. The combination of CounterPath and Genesys is a win-win-win for both companies and Genesys users."
For more information about Bria, visit https://www.counterpath.com/bria.html
### About CounterPath
CounterPath Corporation is an award-winning provider of innovative desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions. The company's product suite includes SIP-based softphones, server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to cost-effectively integrate voice, video, presence and Instant Messaging (IM) applications into their VoIP offerings and extend functionality across both fixed and mobile networks.
CounterPath’s customers include some of the world's largest telecommunications service providers and network equipment providers including AT&T, Verizon, BT (British Telecommunications PLC), Deutsche Telekom, Cisco Systems, and Mitel.
. Disclaimer: Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. Contact:
CounterPath Media and Analyst Relations