CounterPath has the experience and services to deliver integrated solutions to you and your customers to increase the efficiency and profitability of your operations.
With our unique Branding Engine capabilities, your softphone solution can tailored to ensure the corporate brand promise you have built around your customer communities is seamlessly extended right to the end point.
The following information provides a high-level, technical overview on our Branding Engine and how CounterPath can help customers create a differentiated softphone in their marketplace.
In the case of designing a customer-specific multimedia communicator, it is important to understand how CounterPath defines the term “Branding”. Branding refers to the aspects of customization that can be changed prior to building and deploying the softphone executable.
Creating a brand/build involves selecting a version, a skin, the languages, and the settings to build. The customer can have multiple “versions” of brand for different purposes such as a production brand, test server brand, unencrypted brand etc. However, changes made within the Branding process, does not always constitute any code changes.
Branding has two aspects to it: Factory Settings and Graphical Settings. In Factory Settings, changes are made to items such as the Domain, Proxy, URL, Product names etc. In Graphical Settings, the changes are made specifically to the graphical elements within the communicator. Either aspect depends on an understanding of the customer's needs.
To give the softphone a unique and differentiated look that instills the specific branding style required by the customer, we adhere to the following process:
- The Customer provides information/documentation based on CounterPath's Branding Brief
- The customer's graphics firm (3rd party or the CounterPath team) reviews the document and produces a mock-up
- If the mock up was produced by a 3rd party graphics design team, CounterPath then reviews the mock-up and provides feedback based on feasibility/timelines/costs etc.
- The customer's graphics firm then prepares the graphical assets to be delivered to CounterPath
- CounterPath's team then imports the assets into our Branding database which allows us to produce a beta build
- CounterPath and the customer then review the build, ensure all specifications were met and any adjustments required are completed
- Final build is produced
If the customer requires changes to their build, our branding engine allows us to make ad hoc changes quickly, usually within a one day delivery.
For more information on branding capabilities, please contact us at email@example.com.