CounterPath Corporation (NASDAQ: CPAH) (TSX: CCV), a leading developer of award-winning desktop, tablet and mobile VoIP software products and solutions, today announced the release of Windows and Mac versions of Bria 4, part of the Bria family of redesigned softphone clients for desktop, tablets and mobile devices, significantly improving the user experience for Bria customers and furthering the unification of design and feature parity among Bria clients across all platforms and devices. In addition, Bria for Windows users can now enhance their enterprise communications with Microsoft Outlook® integration and one-click screen sharing capabilities.
Unifying the User Experience
Employees are increasingly sophisticated end users that use their devices as multipurpose tools for work and play, and they want their apps and services to feature consumer-like functionality – easy to use, a seamless unified experience across devices, and download-and-go capability.
Bria is a best-in-class multimedia application that enables HD voice and video calling, messaging and presence across desktop, tablet and mobile devices for use over both fixed and mobile networks.
With the desktop release of Bria 4, CounterPath has achieved a superior and consistent UC experience for Bria users by providing the same look and feel and ease-of-use across all major platforms: Windows and Mac desktops, iPad and Android tablets and iOS, Android and BlackBerry mobile devices.
Image: CounterPath Bria 4 softphone client for Windows and Mac features a redesigned User Interface (UI) and enhanced enterprise features
Enhanced Features for Enterprise Desktops
Bria 4 for Windows and Mac also includes the following new features:
- Streamlined Messaging in One Window – With the redesigned interface, now you can view and manage all of your instant messages — including regular everyday Instant Messaging (IM) and SMS, group chats, chat room sessions and broadcast IMs — in one convenient window. Start conversations from an individual contact, multiple contacts or the Messages window.
- Full-Screen Video Calling – See the bigger picture and feel more connected with full-screen video calling, ideal for video calling into conference rooms, connecting with remote workers on a more personal level, or seeing real-time reactions of customers during calls.*
- Screen Sharing Capabilities – With one click, initiate a seamless, hosted screen sharing session with up to 100 participants. Participants are automatically presented with a “join” button and do not require any additional software downloads; the screen sharing session can be viewed from any device with a browser, including desktops, tablets and smart phones. Screen sharing is an optional subscription purchase for Windows users.**
- Bria Add-in for Outlook – Business users can open an email in Outlook and immediately see if the email recipients are busy or available, initiate a call or send an instant message using Bria, all directly from the Outlook window. The Bria Add-in for Outlook is an optional add-on purchase for Windows users.**
“Both consumers and business users are increasingly dependent on several devices during their day to stay connected, and are often switching not only among devices but platforms and networks,” said Todd Carothers, EVP Marketing and Products, CounterPath. “We continue to innovate and have forged the emerging category of Enterprise OTT (over-the-top) which is all about moving communications from the tethered desktop to other devices such as tablets and mobiles—we are putting the PBX in your pocket.”
Standards-based, secure and highly interoperable, Bria is carrier-grade and enterprise-ready, and can be deployed within an enterprise environment either by manual configuration or by using a centralized provisioning server such as CounterPath’s Client Configuration Server (CCS).
Bria is available for purchase from CounterPath’s online store or through its channel partners.
For more information about Bria 4 for Windows and Mac for enterprises, please contact email@example.com
* Full screen video calling is available immediately for Windows; coming soon for Mac.
**Screen sharing and Outlook Add-in capabilities are available immediately for branded customers and will be available for retail customers in the CounterPath store in summer 2014.
CounterPath’s SIP-based VoIP softphones are changing the face of telecommunications. An industry and user favorite, Bria softphones for desktop and mobile devices, together with the Company’s server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions, enable service providers, OEMs and enterprises large and small around the globe to offer a seamless and unified communications experience across both fixed and mobile networks. Standards-based, cost-effective and reliable, CounterPath’s award-winning solutions power the voice and video calling, messaging, and presence offerings of customers such as Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Avaya, BroadSoft, BT, Cisco Systems, GENBAND, Metaswitch Networks, Mitel, NEC, Network Norway, Rogers and Verizon.
For more information about CounterPath’s Bria softphone applications and provisioning solutions, visit: www.counterpath.com/products.