X-Lite - Welcoming You to the World of Softphones
Combining voice and video calls in a user-friendly interface, CounterPath's X-Lite helps you seamlessly transition from a traditional phone environment into the world of Voice over IP.
The latest release of X-Lite provides a redesigned interface, similar to our Bria softphone, that allows for a contact-centric user experience. It also provides you with some of the most popular features of our fully loaded Bria and eyeBeam softphones so you can take them for a test drive before you make your purchase.
Whether you’re having a simple voice conversation with a business associate, or an in-depth discussion with a colleague over video, you’ll soon see why having a softphone on your desktop or laptop is the ultimate communications experience.
In order to use X-Lite, you must have a SIP enabled IP PBX or access to an Internet Service Provider.
X-Lite is designed for you to try out some of the feature-rich capabilities available in our superior quality Bria and eyeBeam softphones.
To use X-Lite to make voice and video calls a softphone, mobile or landline number, a VoIP (Voice over IP) service subscription with a local service provider or ISP is required. Please contact your local service provider to subscribe.
- Standard-definition voice and video calling
- Instant messaging and presence using SIP SIMPLE
- Open Standards and Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based call signaling allows X-Lite to work with a wide number of networks
- Comprehensive Contact list, including detailed calls lists and history
- Voicemail support
- Zero-Touch Configuration of your USB headset or other audio/video devices
- Whether your colleagues or business contacts work around the corner or across the country, use audio and video conferencing to stay in touch
- See when users are online and send Instant Messages If they are unable to take calls
- Use the Contact list to manage your contact information and sort them into groups for Work, Friends or Family
Note: To use X-Lite to make voice and video calls to a softphone, mobile or landline number, a VoIP (Voice over IP) service subscription with a local service provider or ISP is required. Please contact your local service provider to subscribe.
Minimum: Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or equivalent
Optimal: Intel Core Duo or equivalent, Video Card with DirectX 9.0c support
Minimum: 1 GB RAM
Optimal: 2 GB RAM
|Hard Disk Space||125MB|
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
Microsoft Windows Vista, 32-bits and 64-bits arch
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 8 (Desktop mode)
Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9
|Connection||IP network connection (broadband, LAN, wireless); Constant Internet connection|
|Sound Card||Full-duplex, 16-bit or use USB headset|
X-Lite for Windows User Guide [1.3 MB] X-Lite for Mac User Guide [1.6 MB] X-Lite for Windows Release Notes [393 KB] X-Lite for Mac Release Notes [248 KB] X-Lite for Windows Quick Start Guide [118 KB] X-Lite for Mac Quick Start Guide [190 KB] X-Lite EULA [135 KB]