- About Us >
- Investors >
- Careers >
- Job Postings
- Android Developer
- Enterprise Sales Executive
- Graphics Art Director User Interface / User Experience
- iOS Developer
- MAC Software Developer - Junior / Intermediate
- Media (Audio/Video) Engineer - Junior / Intermediate
- Protocol Software Engineer - Junior / Intermediate
- Regional Sales Director - Channel Partner
- Sales Support Engineer
- SDK Support Engineers - Junior / Intermediate
- Senior Account Executive
- Software Graphic Designer - Senior
- Students and Recent Graduates - Software Developer - Customer Engineering Team
- Technical Writer
- Technical Writer
- Job Postings
- Corporate Blog
- Contact Us
Graphics Art Director User Interface / User Experience
CounterPath is looking for or a senior graphic user interface / user experience designer to fill a position as the lead of our design group for our VoIP client software. Experience with modern software usability principles and assessment across multiple platforms and operating systems is a must. As a member of our team you will assist software engineers by visually designing, maintaining and improving the UI and user experience for a range of customer brands on all major desktop and mobile platforms for the world’s leading telecommunications providers. The ideal candidate has thorough experience in the field of professional graphic design and usability on all major modern platforms. You are a meticulous yet flexible individual that is very tech-savvy. This position is full time in Vancouver (BC).
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with the usability group by providing designs that underline and enhance the usability of our VoIP clients.
- Assist in the graphical design process and help maintain customer brands in the VoIP, Video and communication field.
- From initial visual design concepts to final implementation, you will guide the engineers in implementing modern, unique and creative solutions for the graphical user interface and user experience.
- Experience in design and the usability of software applications.
- Expert knowledge of the field of graphics design guidelines and concepts.
- Experience with different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry) and their specific UI requirements.
- Working skill-set with: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Expression Blend, Microsoft Expression Design, Microsoft Visual Studio, icon design software and other design software
- Working knowledge of various graphical code-based languages, primarily XAML and XML
- Working knowledge of modern usability guidelines and knowledge of their application on various platforms from Windows, MAC, iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android (phone and tablet) to BlackBerry, Windows Phone and Windows Metro applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very detail oriented
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of C#, C++ and other programming languages
- Ability to enthusiastically work with software engineers to implement the best end-to-end user experience.
What's in it for you:
- You get to work at a fast growing company where your actions make a difference
- You get to work with the latest technology and gadgets of telecommunication
- You can show your creativity in producing long lasting solutions to technical challenges
- You will be part of an outstanding team working in a casual atmosphere
- You will enjoy our seasonal events like skiing, boating, paintball, movies and more.
When applying send your resume to email@example.com as a Word or RTF attachment, with GAD-NOV13-CP in the subject line of your e-mail.
Engineering and Technical
Vancouver, BC Canada
November 05, 2013