Bria iPhone Edition is a SIP-based phone for Apple iPhone and iPod touch that uses a Wi-Fi or cellular data network connection to make and receive calls.
Using the iPhone or iPod's existing contact list, Bria iPhone Edition facilitates easy and effective communication management with an intuitive interface that accommodates multiple calls. Call functionality includes the ability to swap between two calls, merge and split calls and perform attended and unattended transfers.
Bria iPhone Edition incorporates advanced security settings which allow for secure call signaling and audio encryption. It also contains enhanced audio features including G.711, G.722, iLBC, GSM, SILK and Opus.
Bria iPhone Edition is a superior iPhone VoIP application for enterprises as it can be used as an extension to your PBX.
Want more than just voice calling?
Bria iPhone Edition includes premium feature add-ons such as Video Calling, Presence and Messaging and advanced audio codecs. These features can be purchased within the application under the Premium Features Settings tab to enhance your communications experience.
Bria iPhone Edition is available for Apple iPhone and iPod touch.
iPhone 5 Support & Group Chat with XMPP Multi-Party Chat
Bria iPhone Edition now supports the taller, four-inch iPhone 5 screen resolution. For group chat, when connected to a server that allows chatting with multiple contacts at one, Bria iPad Edition now facilitates adding up to 10 contacts in a group chat setting. To initiate a group chat, simply start a new chat session on the Instant Message pane with one contact and then add additional contacts using the “+” sign on top of the chat window.
Standard Phone Features
- Full SIP compliance - enabling use of any SIP-compliant server
- Multiple account support - up to 16 accounts
- Pre-defined VoIP providers list available when adding new accounts on Accounts screen
- Multitasking capabilities – for use with the Apple iOS 5+ operating system on the following supported devices: iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and the third-generation iPod touch (32GB and 64GB models from late 2009)
- Call display and voicemail indicator
- Speakerphone, mute and hold
- Call history – list of received, missed and dialed calls
- Call recording
- Contact List and Contact Favorites – leveraging the iPhone Contacts
- Ringtones and contact avatars
- Dial plan support
- Custom wallpaper
- Multiple call support
- Swap between two active calls
- Merge and split calls (three-way conferencing support)
- Call transfer (attended and unattended)
- Audio codecs include G.711, iLBC, GSM and SILK and Opus
- G.722 support is also included for iPhone 3GS+, iPad and iPod touch 3rd Generation+
- Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant
- Via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
- VPN Support
- Bria iPhone Edition is available in the following eight languages: English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Network traversal
- Application Managed, Server Managed or User Specified
- Global IP Support
- STUN & ICE
- Media Efficiency and Quality
- Noise reduction
- VAD (Voice Activation Detection)
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- ToS Marking
- DSCP (Differentiated Services Code Point)
- Security and Encryption
- TLS and SRTP (Secure call signaling and audio encryption)
- DNS SRV record lookups
- Call quality statistics
The following accessories are supported:
- Headset with microphone (including Bluetooth™): Bria uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset.
- Headphones (no microphone): Bria uses the ear-piece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the iPhone.
Bria iPhone Edition includes the following premium features, available through in-app purchase. Simply go to the Premium Features button under the Settings tab to access and learn more about these features.
- H.264 and VP8 codec support
- Support for two quality settings:
- Lower: QCIF (Quarter Common Immediate Format – 176 pixels by 144 lines)
- Higher: CIF (Common Intermediate Format – 352 pixels x 288 lines)
Presence and Messaging
- For XMPP and SIP SIMPLE protocols, including SMS. SIP SIMPLE usability subject to VoIP provider support
- Group chat for up to 10 contacts using XMPP
- Multi-party SMS support
G.729 Audio Codec
- Low bandwidth audio codec
- Provides excellent audio quality
- Ideal for connections with limited bandwidth, such as 3G
- Reduces the amount of data used during a call
AMR-WB Audio Codec
- Wide bandwidth audio codec
- Provides superior sound quality due to a wider speech bandwidth
- Improves speech clarity and intelligibility
Please review the following Service and System Requirements prior to purchasing Bria iPhone Edition.
You must have a SIP-based VoIP service provider or SIP-based server (e.g. IP Centrex or IP PBX) in order to use Bria iPhone Edition. Please contact your service provider or your internal IT support for more information.
To use Bria iPhone Edition to make calls over 3G, 4G or 4G LTE, you will also need a data plan with a mobile network operator/wireless service provider. Please contact your local mobile network operator/wireless service provider to subscribe.
Voice/Messaging and Presence Add-on
|iPhone||3GS, 4, 4S or 5 running iOS 5+|
|iPod||Touch (3rd Generation +)|
Video Calling Add-on
|iPhone||4, 4S or 5 running iOS 5+|
|iPod||Touch (4th Generation +)|
Please note iPhone 3G, iPod 2nd Generation and older devices are not recommended.
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees or other charges in connection with VoIP use. CounterPath will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over 3G, 4G or LTE.