Bria iPad Edition is a SIP-based phone specifically designed for the Apple iPad that uses a Wi-Fi or cellular data network connection to make and receive calls.
Bria iPad Edition facilitates easy communication with an intuitive interface that includes all of the standard phone features such as call display, call history, voicemail indicator and multiple call support. Multitasking functionality also allows Bria iPad Edition to run in the background while you use your iPad, allowing you to reference other applications while on a call.
Bria iPad Edition also incorporates advanced security settings which allow for secure call signaling and audio encryption. It also contains enhanced audio features including G.711, G.722, iLBC, GSM, SILK and Opus.
To download additional screenshot images of Bria iPad Edition, visit our online Media Kit.
Want more than voice calling?
Bria iPad Edition includes premium feature add-ons such as Video Calls, Presence and Messaging and advanced audio codecs. These features can be purchased within the application under the Premium Features - Settings tab to enhance your communications experience.
Bria iPad Edition is available for Apple iPad.
Group Chat with XMPP Multi-Party Chat
When connected to a server that allows chatting with multiple contacts at one, Bria iPad Edition now facilitates adding up to 10 contacts in a group chat setting. To initiate a group chat, simply start a new chat session on the Instant Message pane with one contact and then add additional contacts using the “+” sign on top of the chat window.
Standard Phone Features
- Support for up to 16 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
- Pre-defined VoIP Providers list available when adding new accounts on the Accounts screen
- Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
- Call display and voicemail indicator
- Speakerphone, mute and hold
- Call history - list of received, missed and dialed calls
- Call recording
- Contact List leveraging the iPad Contacts
- Ringtones and contact avatars
- Dial plan support
- Multiple call support
- Swap between two active calls
- Merge and split calls (three-way conferencing support)
- Call transfer (attended and unattended)
- Audio codecs include G.722 (HD), G.711, iLBC, GSM, SILK and Opus
- Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant
- Via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
- VPN support
- Bria iPad Edition is available in the following eight languages: English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Network traversal
- Application Managed, Server Managed or User Specified
- Global IP support
- STUN & ICE
- Media Efficiency and Quality
- Noise Reduction
- VAD (Voice Activation Detection)
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- ToS Marking
- DSCP (Differentiated Services Code Point)
- Security and Encryption
- TLS and SRTP (Secure call signaling and audio encryption)
- DNS SRV record lookups
- Call quality statistics
The following accessories are supported:
- Headset with microphone (including Bluetooth™): Bria uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset.
- Headphones (no microphone): Bria uses the ear-piece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the iPad.
ITSP / Operator / Enterprise Features
Bria iPad Edition includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
- Optional customized branding for graphic assets and SIP settings
- Additional security settings
Bria iPad Edition includes the following premium features, available through in-app purchase. Simply go to the Premium Features button under the Settings tab to access and learn more about these features.
Video Calls - Available on iPad 2+
- H.264 and VP8 codec support
- Support for two quality settings:
- Lower: QCIF (Quarter Common Immediate Format – 176 pixels by 144 lines)
- Higher: CIF (Common Intermediate Format – 352 pixels x 288 lines)
Presence and Messaging
- For XMPP and SIP SIMPLE protocols, including SMS. SIP SIMPLE usability subject to VoIP provider support
- Group chat for up to 10 contacts using XMPP
- Multi-party SMS support
G.729 Audio Codec
- Low bandwidth audio codec
- Provides excellent audio quality
- Ideal for connections with limited bandwidth, such as 3G
- Reduces the amount of data used during a call
AMR-WB Audio Codec
- Wide bandwidth audio codec
- Provides superior sound quality due to a wider speech bandwidth
- Improves speech clarity and intelligibility
Please review the following Service and System Requirements prior to purchasing Bria iPad Edition.
You must have a SIP-based VoIP service provider or SIP-based server (e.g. IP Centrex or IP PBX) in order to use Bria iPad Edition. Please contact your service provider or your internal IT support for more information.
To use Bria iPad Edition to make calls over 3G, 4G and 4G LTE, you will also need a data plan with a mobile network operator/wireless service provider. Please contact your local mobile network operator/wireless service provider to subscribe.
Voice/Presence and Messaging Add-on
|iPad 2+||iOS 5+|
Video Calls Add-on
|iPad 2+||iOS 5+|
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees or other charges in connection with VoIP use. CounterPath will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over 3G, 4G or LTE.