Bria Android Tablet Edition is a voice only, highly secure, standards-based mobile VoIP softphone that works over both Wi-Fi and cellular data networks.
Using the device’s existing contact list, Bria Android Tablet Edition facilitates easy and effective communication management with an intuitive interface. Deskphone-class calling functionality includes the ability to swap between two calls, merge calls and perform attended and unattended transfers.
Bria Android Tablet Edition incorporates advanced security settings which allow for secure call signaling. It also contains enhanced audio features including G.711, G.722, GSM, iLBC, SILK and Opus.
Bria Android Tablet Edition works seamlessly with other CounterPath desktop and convergence solutions, as well as with enterprise and carrier infrastructure equipment from major vendors such as Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, BroadSoft, Metaswitch, Avaya, Cisco and NEC. Bria Android Tablet Edition also supports Asterisk-based telephony systems.
Want more than just voice calling?
Bria Android Tablet Edition includes premium feature add-ons such as Video Calls, Presence and Messaging and advanced audio codecs. These features can be purchased within the application under the Premium Features tab to enhance your communications experience.
Bria Android Tablet Edition is an award-winning SIP-based softphone available for the majority of mobile devices that support the Android software stack.
- Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
- Pre-defined VoIP and XMPP provider list available when adding new accounts, including Facebook and Gmail for XMPP
- Integration with Facebook to display contacts’ latest Facebook status
- Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
- HD audio codecs including G.722, OPUS and SILK
- Available in the following languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
Standard Phone Features
- Multiple account support for up to 12 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
- Contact List leveraging the device’s native contact directory
- Call display and voicemail indicator
- Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
- Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
- Call recording
- Ringtones and contact avatars
- Dial plan support
- Multiple call support
- Swap between two active calls
- Merge and split calls (three-way conferencing support)
- Call transfer (attended and unattended)
- Audio codecs include G.711 a/u, G.722 (HD), iLBC, GSM, OPUS and SILK
- Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
- Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant
- Via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
- Network Traversal
- Application Managed, Server Managed or Custom Configuration
- Global IP Support
- STUN & ICE
- Media Efficiency and Quality
- Noise Reduction
- Echo Cancellation
- Voice Activity Detection
- Quality of Service
- Security and Encryption
- TLS and SRTP (Secure call signaling and audio encryption)
- DNS SRV record lookups
- Call quality statistics
- VPN support
The following accessories are supported:
- Headset with microphone: Bria uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset
- Headphones (no microphone): Bria uses the ear-piece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the device
- Bluetooth™ support: dependent on Android device and operating system
If you are looking for a customized client for your employees or customers, CounterPath offers branding options for orders of over 200 softphones for an additional fee. Items that can be tailored to enhance your users’ experience include:
- Changing the product name and branding to match your brand
- Customized branding of the softphone graphic assets, including logos, skin color and icons
- Language specification
- Including/excluding calling and add-on features
- Additional security settings
- Specifying provisioning options
- And more!
For more information on customizing CounterPath softphones, please complete a sales request form.
Bria Android Tablet Edition includes the following premium features, available through in-app purchase. Simply go to the Premium Features button under the Settings tab to access and learn more about these features.
Video Calls Features
- Uses the forward or rear-facing camera on your device to make video calls
- Picture-in-picture view lets you see how you look to the person you’re calling
- H.264 and VP8 codec support
- Support for two quality settings: Lower (QCIF – 176 pixels by 144 lines) and Higher (CIF – 352 pixels x 288 lines)
Messaging and Presence Features
- Send and receive messages in real-time and see when contacts are available
- Connect with contacts on any SIP-compliant or chat platforms including Google Talk and Facebook
- Enable your enterprise IP PBX account to send and receive IMs with colleagues
- For XMPP and SIP SIMPLE protocols, including SMS (SIP SIMPLE/SMS usability subject to VoIP provider support)
G.729 Audio Codec Features
- Low bandwidth audio codec
- Provides excellent audio quality
- Ideal for connections with limited bandwidth, such as 3G
- Reduces the amount of data used during a call
AMR-WB Audio Codec Features
- Wide bandwidth audio codec
- Provides superior sound quality due to a wider speech bandwidth
- Improves speech clarity and intelligibility
Please review the following Service and System Requirements prior to purchasing Bria Android Tablet Edition.
You must have a SIP-based VoIP service provider or SIP-based server (e.g. IP Centrex or IP PBX) in order to use Bria Android Tablet Edition. Please contact your service provider or your internal IT support for more information.
To use Bria Android Tablet Edition to make calls over mobile/cellular data, you will also need a data plan with a mobile network operator/wireless service provider. Please contact your local mobile network operator/wireless service provider to subscribe.
|Operating System||Android V3.2 or later|
Acer Iconia Tab A501
Asus Nexus 7 Gen 1 & Gen 2
Asus Transformer Prime
Samsung Galaxy Note™ 8
Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9
Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2™ 10.1
Sony Tablet™ S
- Bria Android Tablet Edition may operate well on other non-supported devices
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Because some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) functionality over their network, such as the use of VoIP telephony over a cellular network, and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP, you agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over mobile/cellular data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls. Using Bria as a default dialer may interfere with dialing emergency services.
Bria Android Tablet Edition
Regular price: $12.99 USD
Available In-App Purchases:
Video Calls: $3.99 USD
Messaging and Presence: $3.99 USD
G.729 Audio Codec: $8.99 USD
AMR-WB Audio Codec: $8.99 USD
* Note: To locate the in-app purchases, go to Settings > Premium Features within your Bria Android Tablet Edition app.
Please note that you have 15 minutes from the time of download to return an application through Google Play for a full refund. Once the 15 minutes have elapsed, there are no refunds available through CounterPath for apps purchased on Google Play.