Bria Android Tablet Edition is a voice only, highly secure, standards-based mobile VoIP softphone that works over both Wi-Fi and cellular data networks.
Using the device’s existing contact list, Bria Android Tablet Edition facilitates easy and effective communication management with an intuitive interface. Deskphone-class calling functionality includes the ability to swap between two calls, merge calls and perform attended and unattended transfers.
Bria Android Tablet Edition incorporates advanced security settings which allow for secure call signaling. It also contains enhanced audio features including G.711, G.722, GSM, iLBC and SILK.
Bria Android Tablet Edition works seamlessly with other CounterPath desktop and convergence solutions, as well as with enterprise and carrier infrastructure equipment from major vendors such as Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, BroadSoft, Metaswitch, Avaya, Cisco and NEC. Bria Android Tablet Edition also supports Asterisk-based telephony systems.
Want more than just voice calling?
Bria Android Tablet Edition includes premium feature add-ons such as Video Calls, Presence and Messaging and advanced audio codecs. These features can be purchased within the application under the Premium Features tab to enhance your communications experience.
Bria Android Tablet Edition is available for the majority of tablets that support the Android software stack. For a full list of supported devices, please visit the Requirements tab above.
Video Calls in-app purchase for $3.99 USD
Enjoy face-to-face communications with Bria Android Tablet Edition’s new Video Calls add-on. Utilizing either the forward or rear-facing camera on your tablet, you can make video calls to your contacts using H.264 and VP8 video codecs. Picture-in-picture view lets you see how you look to the person you’re calling and you can rotate the screen to either portrait or landscape depending on your needs.
- Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
- Purchase in-app Premium Features like Video Calls, Presence and Messaging or advanced audio codecs to enhance your mobile softphone experience
- Pre-defined VoIP Providers list available when adding new accounts on the Accounts screen
- Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
- Available in the following languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Multiple account support for up to 12 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
- Contact List leveraging the device’s native contact directory
- Call display and voicemail indicator
- Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
- Call recording
- Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
- Ringtones and contact avatars
- Dial plan support
- Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
- Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.722 (HD), iLBC, GSM and SILK
- Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
- NAT traversal
- Application managed, server managed or user specified
- Global IP support
- STUN and ICE
- Media Efficiency and Quality
- VAD (Voice Activation Detection)
- Noise reduction
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- ToS marking
- Security and Encryption
- TLS and SRTP (secure call signalling and audio encryption)
- DNS SRV record lookups
- Call quality statistics
- VPN support
The following accessories are supported:
- Headset with microphone: Bria uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset.
- Headphones (no microphone): Bria uses the ear-piece on the headphones and the built-in microphone on the device.
Bria Android Tablet Edition includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
- Optional customized branding for graphic assets and SIP settings
- Additional security settings
Bria Android Tablet Edition includes the following premium features, available through in-app purchase. Simply go to the Premium Features button under the Settings tab to access and learn more about these features.
- Uses the forward or rear-facing camera on your device to make video calls
- Picture-in-picture view lets you see how you look to the person you’re calling
- H.264 and VP8 codec support
- Support for two quality settings
- Lower: QCIF (Quarter Common Intermediate Format – 176 pixels by 144 lines)
- Higher: CIF (Common Intermediate Format – 352 pixels x 288 lines)
Presence and Messaging
- Send and receive messages in real-time and see when contacts are available
- Connect with contacts on any SIP-compliant or chat platforms including Google Talk and Facebook
- Enable your enterprise IP PBX account to send and receive IMs with colleagues
- For XMPP and SIP SIMPLE protocols, including SMS (SIP SIMPLE/SMS usability subject to VoIP provider support)
G.729 Audio Codec
- Low bandwidth audio codec
- Provides excellent audio quality
- Ideal for connections with limited bandwidth, such as 3G
- Reduces the amount of data used during a call
AMR-WB Audio Codec
- Wide bandwidth audio codec
- Provides superior sound quality due to a wider speech bandwidth
- Improves speech clarity and intelligibility
Please review the following Service and System Requirements prior to purchasing Bria Android Tablet Edition.
You must have a SIP-based VoIP service provider or SIP-based server (e.g. IP Centrex or IP PBX) in order to use Bria Android Tablet Edition. Please contact your service provider or your internal IT support for more information.
To use Bria Android Tablet Edition to make calls over 3G/4G you will also need a data plan with a Mobile Network Service Provider. Please contact your Mobile Network Service Provider to subscribe.
|Operating System||Android V3.2 or later|
Asus Transformer Prime
Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9
Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1
Sony Tablet™ S
- Bria Android Tablet Edition may operate well on other non-supported devices
Because some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) functionality over their network, such as the use of VoIP telephony over a cellular network, and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP, you agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Wi-Fi/3G/4G.
Bria Android Tablet Edition
Regular price: $12.99 USD
Available In-App Purchases:
Video Calls: $3.99 USD
Messaging and Presence: $3.99 USD
G.729 Audio Codec: $8.99 USD
AMR-WB Audio Codec: $8.99 USD
* Note: To locate the in-app purchases, go to Settings > Premium Features within your Bria Android Tablet Edition app.
Please note that you have 15 minutes from the time of download to return an application through Google Play for a full refund. Once the 15 minutes have elapsed, there are no refunds available through CounterPath for apps purchased on Google Play.